"My kid is so clingy"
Separation Anxiety Disorder is really hard for parents and parents often feel their mobility is limited.
Signs of Separation Anxiety
- does not feel safe unless with parent
- acts like crisis when separating
- worries about future threats to parents (get sick, going to die)
- unable to go on playdates or field trips
- often calls out to you to make sure knows where you are
- have nightmares about separation
- refusal to go to school
- keeping track of you at all times
- follow you around
- hard to be in separate room
- hard to sleep in own bed